Friday, February 21, 2014

Favorites Friday: Beating the Winter Blues

Happy Friday all! I am so happy for this upcoming weekend, as I have lots planned. Can't wait to get through the day to the weekend!
This Favorites Friday is all about beating the winter blues. The weather has been absolutely horrible here, so we've been cooking at home a lot more, as well as binge watching tv shows, such as SyFy's Haven- which I blew through the first 3 season on Netflix and then season 4 online, all in the matter of the past week. Haha
Here are some of my favorites this week:



1. Waterlogue App: Normally I don't pay money for apps, but I've been seeing such cool things done with this app, I just had to have it. It makes such lovely photos, such as a watercolor version of our house and fun watercolor portraits. So cool!

2. Villa Alena Moscato Wine (from Trader Joe's): Last week on Valentine's Day the hubs and I stopped at Trader Joe's in New Jersey on the way home and picked this wine up- mostly because we loved the bottle. It was a pleasant surprise and tasted great. If you see it anywhere, pick it up!

3. McCormick/Lawry's Caribbean Jerk Marinade Sauce: My hubs loves trying new marinades for chicken and whatnot, so we had to try this one, being its one of my favorite flavors at Buffalo Wild Wings. This is FANTASTIC tasting- great on chicken, over rice. So much flavor and it packs a spicy punch. Love it!

4. Sensible Portions Garden Veggie Straws with Sea Salt: I have been trying to get back into being healthier and they had bags of these on sale at Walmart. I was surprised at how tasty these were- I've had the original ones and they are so-so, but the sea salt gives it much more flavor. It is only 130 calories for 38 straws, so it is a good snack to have when you're craving chips.

5. SyFy's Haven: Due to the weather I've been binge watching a lot of tv shows, this being one of them. I watched the first 3 seasons on Netflix, then caught the latest season (4) online. It's right up my ally- sometimes very campy, other times serious science fiction investigation. It also includes many SyFy regulars- such as Colin Feruson (from Eureka- one of my favorite shows that has since ended). It's nice to see a strong female leading character, who still can rely on the love of her life to help her out. I also find the Duke character (played by Eric Balfour) to be my absolute favorite. If you like science fiction investigation type shows, you'll like this. Once you get past the first few episodes, it gets a lot better. Fun stuff!

So what are your favorites these days to beat the winter blues? Any new recipes or shows you've been watching?
I hope you all have a great Friday and enjoy your weekend! I can't wait to show you all the fun stuff I've been planning for this weekend, so stay tuned for some fun party stuff!
Laters!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comment love all!